Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Marvelous Memorial Day Weekend!

What a great weekend! I was kinda bummed last week because last year Dan and I went camping on an island for Memorial Day and this year we were going to be apart and I had NO plans! But as the week went on, the calender started to fill up and it ended up being great!

Friday evening I went to La Casa de Wheats to celebrate Jeff's Dirty 30!! It was a blast! I was only able to have 1 Margarita and then quickly switched to beer (I just can't handle liquor). Great conversation and games were shared by all. We played my favorite game...Flip Cup of course! So fun. I love it because everyone can play and it gets the whole party involved. When it began to get late we moved the game into the garage....well we watched the guys move it in and Elsa then fell into a hole.....lol. Then, I had her pose so I could take a picture. Then, I posed like I was falling and Elsa took the picture. (Sorry, they are on Elsa's camera or I would have inserted them here) We continued to play and I found my dream Flip Cup partner---Kimmie! We played against each other towards the end of the night (just for fun and because we were some of the last ones standing). Oh, and of course we had Elsa's famous dance party in the garage. Overall, it was a fabulous evening. Thank you to Elsa and Jeff!! I love you guys!





Rye, Jeff, and Elsa


Saturday's weather was beautiful and I spent most of the day outside. I actually took care and loaded up a bunch of boxes into the garage. Maddie loved the weather and sun bathed most of the day. Here is my little princess soaking up the sun:






That evening I went to Mulligan's with Kelly, Cory, Justin, Chris, and Kristy again! Again, it was a blast!!! Cory played with the band again, but this time he stayed up there for 5 songs...and he still didn't want to get down. Kelly and I danced with the townies again and the proceeded to go home and eat lots of pizza rolls! Yummm--attempts were made to drunk dial Dan, but I think that he learned from last time we went to Mulligans and his phone was "dead." I thought that sleeping on the couch as opposed to walking upstairs to Alex's bed was a great idea till Rufus came and woke me up at 7:30...lol.
I spent the morning and after noon with Alex and Aubree. Which is always the best. I even got a picnic ready or them since Mom was bringing up all Happy Meals. Cory took the kids home and Kelly and I took a shopping adventure.

I had asked Kelly earlier in the morning to go to Lowe's with me to get paint. After we saw the awesome Adirondack Chairs that Mom and Dad brought home from Home Depot we decided that we wanted to go and get some for ourselves (as well as the paint from Lowe's). Cory had band practice (with a new band) at 5:00 so we had to be home by 4:30. We thought that we would ask Dad to borrow his truck but he explained that it would just be a pain because we would have to take the cover off, ect ect. So the three of us tackled my car. We got the rear seats down and figured out how to take the covering off the trunk. We all decided that we would have plenty of space in my car.

So off to Home Depot we went. The chairs are so darn cute! They are red and the were only 13.88 each!! What a steal! Here is a picture of them....umbrella not included:

So we both grabbed our two red chairs (plus I also bought a Carbon Monoxide Detector) and checked out. As we were putting the chairs into the car, it took about 10 seconds to figure out that we were not going to be able to fit them. We were able to get two of the chairs in first and then struggled with the other two for a good 10-15 minutes. Imagine that: Me and Kelly turning, flipping, shoving these chairs into the car...Hilarious right! What wasn't so funny was that only 1 person offered to help us. AND the only reason he offered is because he was parked next to us and felt like he had to...AUGH! After a good 15-20 minutes, Kelly called Cory to come pick up the chairs, but Aubree was sleeping so he couldn't. We asked the sales boy to help us and he could not figure it out either!! AUGH----time was ticking and the real reason we went shopping was for the paint (which we hadn't even made it to Lowe's yet). So, Kelly went and asked a Home Depot guy to come and help us. He was also unable to get the chairs in so he went to get some rope to tie the trunk down. Here is Kelly waiting for him to come back:

Thank goodness the weather was beautiful and there was a band playing outside at the bar next door. Anyways, the guy sent a friend over to help us. It took this kid 10 seconds to fit it in!! All he did was flip it upside down! Hilarious! So we were off and it looked like we had enough time for the paint!

Dan and I decided that I would get the paint Sunday because Valspar had a $5 rebate that was going on till Monday. We had already picked the colors and I had all the paint samples, so all I had to do was go and spend the money. Thank goodness Kelly came with me because all the finish stuff was a bot overwhelming. I didn't want to make the wrong choice. I got paint for the Kitchen (Green), Living Room (Tan with 1 Chocolate accent wall), Dining Room (Gray), and Master Bedroom (Light Tan with 1 Red accent wall). A total of 7 gallons which after the rebate saved us $35! Yippy!! Every little bit helps!


When I dropped Kelly off, we found a good place for her chairs and just sat in them for a while. After dinner I headed home to relax. I took my chairs out and put them in the garage. That is when I found it.....a crack in my chair (probably from shoving it in the car). I called Home Depot and had them put another on hold for me so that I could pick it up Monday. Are you serious!?Although I really wanted to head to Anthony and Emily's Sunday evening, I was exhausted from the weekend and was in bed by 9:00.

I headed to Home Depot to exchange the chair before heading to Joelle and Scott's for their Memorial Day Party. As I pulled he chair out...the whole leg fell off! Great! I went in to exchange it but there was no chair there with my name. The manager told me that she personally put the chair on hold for me and that someone had sold it. Not only did that happen, but they were out of the red chairs! Are you serious?! They put one on hold at a different Home Depot and I picked it up Tuesday after the gym...AUGH! Anyways, Joelle and Scott's was a blast and the perfect ending to a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fridge!!! tell me how you like that bottom freezer when you get in the house. I've heard mixed reviews. I will send you the other pictures on email soon... :) love you!

    ReplyDelete